Terms of Entry
By submitting an entry, you have agreed to our Terms and Conditions below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS1. By entering the Awards, the Entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and to be bound by them. These rules include any instructions set out with the Awards details.
2. The Organiser may publish any information submitted as part of an entry in connection with the Awards unless the information has been clearly marked confidential when submitted and is not in the public domain.
3. There is no restriction on the number of entries or the number of categories for which entries may be submitted.
4. Entries must be submitted online at www.thegrocergoldawards.co.uk. Entries needed to be submitted no later than 23:55 hrs on Monday 20th March 2023.
5. The period that entries will be judged on runs from 1st January 2022 to 28th February 2023.
6. Responsibility is not accepted for entries delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure or which otherwise does not comply with these terms and conditions and may be deemed invalid under the sole discretion of the Organiser.
7. Entries will only be accepted if they are submitted online in full.
8. The individual who submits the entry will also become the contact whom all correspondence concerning the Awards will be addressed to.
9. Entries will become the property of the Organiser and will not be returned.
10. Entrants who notify the Organiser that they wish to withdraw their entry prior to Monday 20th March 2023 will receive a full refund of their entry fee. Entrants withdrawing after that date will not receive any refund.
11. The shortlist for the Awards will be announced April 2023. All Entrants will be notified in writing as soon as possible following the announcement.
12. Winners will be announced during the awards dinner at the Royal Albert Hall, London and published in The Grocer.
13. The Organiser reserves the right to change the categories and to transfer an entry from one category to another should the judging panel deem it appropriate and without prior notice to entrants.
14. The judges may decline to make some or all of the awards in any category if, in their opinion there are insufficient entries of a winning standard.
15. The Organiser’s decision on all matters affecting this competition is final and legally binding.
16. No correspondence will be entered into.
17. Winners may be required to take part in some post-event publicity, and consent to their name and photograph being used for such purposes.
18. Winners may publicise their success in indefinitely provided the year is specified in all publicity and materials.
19. By entering the Awards, all Entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
20. If entrants provide any images as part of their entry, they confirm that they hold the necessary rights, consents and licences required to use, amend, edit, adapt and publish the images by the Organiser. Each entrant hereby grants to the Organiser a worldwide, non-exclusive royalty-free right and licence to use, reproduce, publish, store, distribute and display the images in accordance with these Terms of entry.
21. The Organiser and Data Controller is William Reed Ltd, Broadfield Park, Crawley RH11 9RT
22. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.